Recruitment of new Editor for Social Work & Social Sciences Review
Social Work & Social Sciences Review sets out to reinforce and expand the links between social work practice and the various social science disciplines which inform it. It is aimed at fully committed professionals whether in practice or in teaching or research. The journal is international in scope.
The Review publishes guest-edited themed as well as ‘regular’ issues. Past and planned topics include:professionalism, de-professionalism and austerity, research with hard to reach groups, austerity and some contemporary challenges to professionalism, and family support across Europe.
Our current Editor, Dr Nigel Malin is standing down and we seek candidates to succeed him as Editor. The appointment is normally for three years. However, this can be extended with the agreement of the Editorial Board. Editors receive a nominal honorarium, and expenses, and full editorial support is provided by the publishers, Whiting and Birch.
Applicants should have:
• editorial and/or peer review experience
• a knowledge of current issues in the social sciences as they impact on social work and related disciplines
• a publishing track record
• a commitment to promoting the application of social science knowledge and methodology for the improvement of social work practice
• a willingness to nurture articles from authors new to publishing
To apply for the position, please send a covering letter and a CV. The covering letter should include:
• the knowledge, skills, experience and other abilities you would bring to the role of Editor
• suggestions and ideas that you have in terms of how to strengthen the journal and its standing in the academic and practice community
Applications are welcome from candidates who would wish to undertake the role on a Co-Editorship basis.
Applications are due by 12.00 noon on FRIDAY 30TH JULY 2021.
They should be sent by email tRecruitment of new Editor for Social Work & Social Sciences Review
o the Board Administrator, Jane McLaughlin (email@example.com), with a copy to the publisher, David Whiting (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Interviews will be held during September or October (date and venue to be confirmed). The interview panel will comprise members of the Editorial Board with the Publisher.
The successful applicant will be expected to take up their role from September or October 2021.
For further information, please email or phone David Whiting (direct phone line: 020-8244-2421).